Friday, April 17, 2009

birthday

so two days ago was my birthday. Keegan was off and we had quite a mellow but great day. Ava and i got up and went to the gym and then came home to wake Keegan up who had stayed up till 4 doing our taxes. gotta love your birthday being on tax day but HE took care of them. I got a great new rug for the living room which we had picked out together the previous Saturday and then he gave me a giant bike picture that is on four panels that i thought was cool and would help our living room out ... it really needed it and i love it. I also got other fun things from my family like new birks, doormatt, flowers, etc. But perhaps my favorite gift of all was something so special... my pillow re made. So for those of you who dont know... yes it is true i still suck my thumb and squeeze my pillow... well i had this pillow i loved and it was falling apart (more than i even realized) and well when i was in labor last year it must have been a bit too abused because the day we got home from the hospital we dropped it by the front door and feathers went everywhere. Keegan and I had said that I needed to stop sucking my thumb and pillowing once i had a baby and he had to quit some of his nasty habits (involving nasty ass dip) so I said throw it away it will only make the biggest mess and is kinda un fixable............ well i kept sucking my thumb and found a sort of replacement in the meantime but it was not the same at all. Well in the middle of the night as it had just turned my actually birthday i woke up to go say hi to k and he gave it to me. Needless to say i headed back to bed very happy. He had saved it and got his mom to help re make it with more feathers and a different case. Then I went and got a pedicure while k and a palyed and then we all napped and then went to Shenaniganz just the three of us... its funny but that was the first time k and i had been there together when he was not working... we bowled together and i can now put spin on the ball. too bad i still suck.
Oh and if you remember from last year.. maybe not but it is pretty memorable i got to walk on bananas ... we have decided to make it a tradition to walk on something. This year it was jello and well ava can crawl in it ( pictures coming soon)
oh and one more thing... Ava like icing not cake so far... we decided to practice for her big day exactly a month after mine.


oh and this is how my night finished... i mean does it get any bettter?

No comments: