Wednesday, February 27, 2008

so we are out

Last day of work for both of us... the apartment is all boxed up and the truck is waiting for us in the parking garage around the corner. This was not an easy thing... parking in New York is difficult but try a Penskee 16 foot truck on the upper east side at 7 in the morning and it is near to impossible. But I sweet talked the parking attendant on 89th to take the over sized vehicle despite the fact that they were not really supposed to. So now the boys have to load the truck * reminder we live on the 5th floor with no elevator* and I will stay with the truck so that nothing gets taken out of it off the street. Tomorrow morning we will finish whatever we need to and turn in the keys and cable boxes and set out on our way to NC. Any guesses on how many pee breaks I will have to make us take? a lot I know and Keegan is prepared and really nice about it. Then we will part for a few days and he will keep on driving and I will chillax with the family for the weekend and then Monday I will fly to my new state and look at houses and hopefully find our new home. We will see. So it is sad to leave the city... what an incredible place. No where quite like it. I know that Keegan and I will come back often as it is very special to us. So hopefully safe and painless travels especially for Keegan who has about 20 hours to do by himself. And the next update will be from Texas. Oh my goodness... my daughter will be born a true Texan. What in the world? yeehaw.

1 comment:

WondersofMyWorld said...

Good luck on your travels! I'm sure it will all go well, it sounds like you are organized and think of how great it will be when you get there and have it behind you :)
if you need anything while in NC just email or call me!