Thursday, September 10, 2009

Ava and school


Rufus trying out the new nap mat.
ava right before we left for the first day of school
oh and well this was the other morning ( I would say 7:30 am) after our walk which did not allow us to playground so we came home and tried the rain boots.... still big but she had fun

Ava had her first day of school today.... okay its a program called Mothers day out.... but I think it is a lame name. I will have you know there is a "curriculum" - Keegan and I both found this quite entertaining. She goes Tuesday and Thursday from 9 till 2. There are 8 kids in her class and 2 teachers. We decided that it would be good for her to do something with other kids. She loves other kids and is always shouting when she hears the neighbors come home so that just maybe... maybe... they would come over (the truth is they often do... they love playing with her or at our house) and she kisses other kids her age and size at the playground. Also if I went back to work soon this would make for hopefully and easier transition to everyday. And the other important reason is I need a little time to me and to work on things I want cause when we are together we play hard. I was nervous to leave her but you have to drop and run.... and so there she was ... with her nap mat, lunch box, and a diaper bag. She was so excited and ran straight to play while many of the other kids clung to the teachers. I watched for a couple mins thru the windows that are mirrored on her side and she was happy, playing and enjoying the new toys. She just did not really get the whole nap thing. It will come. I am hoping it stays being a positive experience and that when we go back she is not like no don't leave me here I know it now but I am thinking it will be okay. The day care at the gym everyday was a great way to be okay with other people in a strange place with other kids.

1 comment:

Hannah Danielle said...

First day at school! She is a mini you, and just darling!! Sounds like she had a great first day!!