Thursday, September 10, 2009

buds

"okay so lets snack together....." --Rufus
"hmmm.... you go after it differently Rufus ... but mom puts my stuff in these stupid containers that don't let me spill." --- Ava

We wanted them to love each other. The whole time I was really pushing for a dog Keegan just wanted to see the dog with Ava. He wanted them to be best friends. Like in some kids book I was trying to say that we needed a dog that would not bite her and perhaps would be gentle but he was asking a lot.... well the thing is... they are best friends.... I knew he loved her but he is her favorite toy and playmate. Sometimes I think he would be okay to get all the hook ups on the food and snacks but after a full day of being climbed on and Ava grabbing his jewels maybe he could take her or leave her. So today I came home from dropping Ava off at school and he would not leave me alone. Following me every where, then he would run around the house and into Ava's room and the rest of her usual spots. He was starting to get annoying and then began the barking at the back door (the one that leads to the garage) so I figured he need to go pee.... so I let him out and he hurls himself at the car running in circles and then jumps up on the rear driver side window and sniffs and stares and will not get down. Yes this is her window and yes this is a true story.

No comments: