Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Happy two months.... now here are 6 imunizations

I can't believe that it has been two months since Ava joined us. On one hand pregnancy seems like it was so long ago. I miss the firm hard belly (oh postbaby belly is not something I am having fun with) and neither Keegan or I can really imagine life without Ava and just how much we are in love with her. We knew we would lover her - i mean we loved her as jobina a lot but neither of us were prepared for this kind of extreme love. On the other hand I remember bringing her home from the hospital so clearly and how tiny she was.... and well how scared of her I felt. Two whole months seems like it flew bye and also like it was forever ago that she was in me and i had a good night sleep.
Two months also means .... "a well baby check". We had not been to the pediatrician since she was two weeks old so things had changed and grown. She weighed 11 pounds 12 ounces (just a reminder she was 7 pounds 10 ounces when she was born) and seems healthy.
The sad thing was this was also when she got her first round of shots... and she was just so happy when she woke up this morning. I mean She was in such a good mood, it was prolly that daddy stayed home to go to the doctor with us and she really does love Keegan. She had a fun shower with him this morning and tons of dancing in the house. And then she gets lots of needles. But she was an angel... Keegan held her down and they gave her all her shots in both thighs while I stood in the corner with tears in my eyes (yes I am a baby... but they were hurting my little baby) She cried and then was silent not breathing and then would cry again as the next needle went in.... the sweet nurse did them very quickly so it was over fast and then Keegan scooped her up and snuggled her all the way to the car.... we did not hear another peep out of her and now I have her home (still no little noises) asleep in her car seat. As soon as I finish this I am going to get her out and hold her and have her sleep on me (they did say it would be harder on mom then her TRUE so far) and when she wakes up ... hopefully she will not feel too crummy. The doctor said she would prolly get a fever and be uncomfortable for a few days so we will see. We are so hoping she is not bothered by the medicines but we did get her a few new toys to play with so hopefully that will cheer her up and I am prepared to hold her all day if she wants it (they say you cant spoil them at this age but i dont think you can ever spoil them with love any way.) and have the infant tylenol dropper on hand.

1 comment:

LBC said...

eww yuck! I so remember that day and here I am putting off his 1 year shots because I don't want to go through it again. Plus this time I think he knows a little bit more and I don't want him to think that I am doing it to him. Hope Ava didn't get a fever and all that jazz. hope you are well too~