Thursday, August 14, 2008

tummy time

so I am feeling almost better. Still not 100% but about 80% and that feels like the difference of night and day. I was out of commission for a good week plus and still feel very sleepy all the time. I have been really missing NYC and wishing we were still there but also know how that is not really possible and would be very difficult with Ava and Keegan and My jobs. But I nurse Ava and imagine walking around on our street, our funky apartment, the smell of our building, the energy, and the subway but then I think yea subway - rush hour- ava - not fun or i think 5 flights of stairs - ava and groceries or no washing machine and tiny apartment. I know we are doing the right thing but being sick made me sentimental or something.
But some new things going on..... tummy time. This is apparently something very important for new babies deemed by pediatricians and I have been pretty lax about it as she really liked to kick her feet while lying on her back so very much and well my philosophy has been pretty much let her do what she wants. Eat when she wants, play when she wants, nap when she wants ( i know i may sound crazy but I thought she should learn what she likes and set her own rhythms) But she also can not get to her tummy by herself from her back quite yet so this morning I helped her and she seemed to enjoy it and well i realized how much stronger she has gotten. Look at her hold her neck up.



oh yea... and last night Keegan decided for our nightly walk he would give "daddy's shoulders" a go... yea ah no.... she tried to rip out his hair the whole time so he carried her in front of his as usual.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love these pics! She's getting cuter by the minute! I wanna play with her right now! :(