Wednesday, May 5, 2010

doodad

I cant believe I have no pictures to show from the trip :( but my dad (doodad) cam last Thursday and left Monday. We had a fabulous long weekend. Keegan has been working extra much training an assistant but managed to break away Thursday and Friday. Ava was at school and I went to Dallas to get my dad from the airport. K picked her up and when we got home Ava who has been clingy and often a mommy's girl went straight to my dad. It was so sweet. Then we hung out here and played as a family. Friday we went to Allen to a park with a real train and a bunch of little houses. Ava was in heaven, then we headed to Toys R Us for my dad to get Ava her bday present and lunch. We all went out to dinner that night and Ava was awesome and so into my dad. I would look over at her and she would just be staring at my dad. They were both smitten. Saturday morning she got her present from dad... fully charged and put together, a mini four wheeler to ride all in the house. She saw it and clapped and jumped and said "woohoo" true story and still she drives it with a big smile, crashes into the wall (does not have steering down) and then often stops and gets off and walks around it.. like this is mine... really mine? Keegan worked a lot all weekend so it was the three of us but Ava would not leave my dads side. My dad also built shelves in both closets for the kids which was a lot of work and huge. We will begin the bedroom switch in the next month perhaps but now Ava will have a closet and baskets for her clothes once the changing table goes in little brothers room. Sunday was more building and errand running and Monday we took my dad to the airport. :( When we got back home Ava ran in the guest room and burst into tears.... she got it... he was gone for now. However, we will see him next month in NC. The three of us plus fetus are heading to the NC beach for 6 days. This is huge, K has not been on a vacation since our honeymoon. And ava will have her doodad back. Up next week: Grannie and bday party so she will be distracted and then the following week she gets to meet her new cousin Amelia.

No comments: