Saturday, July 24, 2010

Well its over. I have to say I woke up Wednesday morning feeling kind of empty and lost without having to go to swim team and rush to get everything done and everyone taken care of. Last week I did not go to the gym before 830 once.... that felt like such a treat, although when its over by 630 when you go early it makes waking up in your bed at 645 a bummer and wish you already went that is for sure. No but the season was incredible. The kids did so well, we grew by 20 kids this summer from last and had about 20 kids qualify for all stars, that is after placing third overall against two teams bigger and full of year round USA swimmers. So proud. Monday was brutal at all stars for 12 hours in the heat but exciting nun the less and I had a few kids come home with gold and even more with silver. What a season and I think if I do in next summer we would grow to about 75 kids which would be my ideal number. Tuesday night was the banquet, held at shenaniganz ( i have connections) and each kid gets about a minute speech about themselves and their season before their name is said and then they come get their trophy. I was panicked getting speeches written ( i procrastinate all season as its so hard to say all the stuff about some kids and so hard to say something genuine about others) and making sure I got all the thank yous in that I needed too... Ava was less than cooperative that day, I was a wreck and got really frustrated and angry and had several melt downs. Some how I did it and I think the kids had a great time at the dinner, getting awards... and watching a really cute slide show some of the parents put together and then they got to play whole team lazer tag. Ava was exhausted from 3 days with no nap but she was able to come and see some of the kids and then run around with Keegan as he made sure the banquet went smoothly. Keegan also got to see the team and hear how great they did which besides 10 mins of a practice he really has not been able to see anything in action. But he does know all the kids first and last names as he helped me get through the season with the new computer system (which is amazing... HyTEk team manager its called... not user friendly at all but saved me hours and hours of work) and much of the data entry that accompanies this job. Then he brought Ava home to bed as I wrapped things up at Shenaniganz and got her to sleep in her bed by himself, very happy daddy for sure as she has been saying daddy get out every night he is home and will only let me lie with her. Oh the joys of the big girl bed. grrrrrr.

1 comment:

WondersofMyWorld said...

When you are pregnant you should never start a blog post with "well it's over"....